Openo•pen (ō′pən),USA pronunciation adj.
- not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
- (of a door, gate, window sash, or the like) set so as to permit passage through the opening it can be used to close.
- having no means of closing or barring: an open portico.
- having the interior immediately accessible, as a box with the lid raised or a drawer that is pulled out.
- relatively free of obstructions to sight, movement, or internal arrangement: an open floor plan.
- constructed so as to be without cover or enclosure on the top or on some or all sides: an open boat.
- having relatively large or numerous spaces, voids, or intervals: an open architectural screen; open ranks of soldiers.
- perforated or porous: an open texture.
- relatively unoccupied by buildings, fences, trees, etc.: open country.
- not covered or closed;
with certain parts apart: open eyes; open mouth.
- without a covering, esp. a protective covering;
exposed: an open wound; open electrical wires.
- extended or unfolded: an open newspaper.
- without restrictions as to who may participate: an open competition; an open session.
- accessible or available to follow: the only course still open to us.
- not taken or filled;
vacant: Which job is open?
- ready for or carrying on normal trade or business: The new store is now open. The office is open on Saturdays.
- not engaged or committed: Have you any open time on Monday?
- accessible, as to appeals, ideas, or offers: to be open to suggestion.
- exposed to general view or knowledge;
existing, carried on, etc., without concealment: open disregard of the rules.
- acting publicly or without concealment, as a person.
- unreserved, candid, or frank, as persons or their speech, aspect, etc.: an open manner.
- generous, liberal, or bounteous: to give with an open hand.
- liable or subject: open to question; open to retaliation.
unsettled: several open questions.
- without effective or enforced legal, commercial, or moral regulations: an open town.
- unguarded by an opponent: an open wide receiver.
- noting the part of the sea beyond headlands or enclosing areas of land: to sail on the open seas.
- free of ice, as a body of water or a seaport.
- free of navigational hazards: an open coast.
- (of a seaport) available for foreign trade;
not closed by government regulations or by considerations of health.
- (of a microphone) in operation;
- (of a delimiting punctuation mark) occurring at the beginning of a group of words or characters that is set off, as from surrounding text: open parenthesis; open quotes.Cf. close (def. 56).
- not yet balanced or adjusted, as an account.
- not constipated, as the bowels.
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively large opening above the tongue or with a relatively large oral aperture, as the vowel sound of cot compared with that in caught.
- (of a syllable) ending with a vowel.
- (of a consonant) continuant (opposed to stopped).
- [Ling.](of a class of items) readily admitting new members, as the class of nouns, verbs, or adjectives (opposed to closed).
- (of type) in outline form.
- widely spaced or leaded, as printed matter.
- (of an organ pipe) not closed at the far end.
- (of a string) not stopped by a finger.
- (of a note) produced by such a pipe or string or, on a wind instrument, without the aid of a slide, key, etc.
- (of an interval) containing neither endpoint.
- (of a set) consisting of points having neighborhoods wholly contained in the set, as the set of points within a circle.
- (of a map from one topological space to another) having the property that the image of an open set is an open set.
- free from frost;
mild or moderate: an open winter.
- (of a female animal) not pregnant.
- (of a fabric or weave) so loosely woven that spaces are visible between warp and filling yarns.
- to move (a door, window sash, etc.) from a shut or closed position so as to admit of passage.
- to render (a doorway, gateway, window, etc.) unobstructed by moving a door, window sash, etc., away from it.
- to render the interior of (a box, drawer, etc.) readily accessible.
- to clear (a passage, channel, etc.) of obstructions.
- to clear (areas or passages in the body).
- to give access to;
make accessible or available, as for use: to open a port for trade.
- to establish for business purposes or for public use: to open an office.
- to set in action, begin, start, or commence (sometimes fol. by up): to open a campaign.
- to uncover, lay bare, or expose to view.
- to expand, unfold, or spread out: to open a map.
- to make less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: to open ranks.
- to disclose, reveal, or divulge.
- to render accessible to knowledge, enlightenment, sympathy, etc.: to open one's mind.
- to cut, blast, or break into: to open a safe with nitro.
- to make or produce (an opening) by cutting or breaking, or by pushing aside or removing obstructions: to open a way through a crowd.
- to make an incision or opening in: to open a boil.
- to recall or revoke (a judgment, decree, etc.) for the purpose of allowing further contest or delay.
- to make the first statement of (a case) to the court or jury.
- [Cards.]to begin a hand by making (the first bid), placing (the first bet), or playing (a given card or suit) as the lead.
- to sail (a course) so that the apparent location of a distant fixed object changes with relation to a nearer fixed object (sometimes fol. by out).
- to become open, as a door, building, box, or enclosure.
- to afford access: a door that opens into a garden.
- to have an opening, passage, or outlet: The room opens into a corridor.
- (of a building, theater, etc.) to open its doors to the public: The museum opens at one o'clock.
- to begin a session or term, as a school.
- to begin a season, series of performances, or tour, as a theatrical company: The play will open in Boston.
- to begin, start, or commence an activity: The game opened with the national anthem.
- to part, or seem to part, so as to allow or reveal a passage: At last the cliffs opened to show us that we were heading for the sea.
- to become disclosed or revealed.
- to come into view;
become more visible or plain.
- to become receptive to knowledge, sympathy, etc., as the mind.
- to disclose or reveal one's knowledge, thoughts, feelings, etc.
- to unfold or expand, as a blossom, so as to reveal the interior.
- to spread out or expand, as the hand or a fan.
- to spread apart or separate, as pages of a book, newspaper, etc.: Open to page 32.
- to spread or come apart;
burst: The wound opened.
- to become less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: The ranks began to open.
- [Cards.]to make the first bet, bid, or lead in beginning a hand.
- [Hunting.](of hounds) to begin to bark, as on the scent of game.
- open up:
- to become or make open.
- to expand, esp. before the eye: A breathtaking panorama opened up as we reached the top of the hill.
- to achieve the initial development of: to open up a business office; to open up trade with China.
- [Slang.]to increase speed or the speed of (a vehicle).
- an open or clear space.
- the open air.
- the open water, as of the sea.
- an opening or aperture.
- an opening or opportunity.
- a contest or tournament in which both amateurs and professionals may compete, esp. in golf and tennis.
- the open:
- the unenclosed or unobstructed country.
- the outdoors: Vacations in the open are fine for the entire family.
- the condition of being unconcealed, recognized, or publicly known: The scandal is now out in the open.
Shelfshelf (shelf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. shelves (shelvz).USA pronunciation
- a thin slab of wood, metal, etc., fixed horizontally to a wall or in a frame, for supporting objects.
- the contents of this: a shelf of books.
- a surface or projection resembling this;
- [Physical Geog.]
- a sandbank or submerged extent of rock in the sea or river.
- the bedrock underlying an alluvial deposit or the like.
- See continental shelf.
- [Archery.]the upper part of the bow hand, on which the arrow rests.
- off the shelf, readily available from merchandise in stock: Any of those parts can be purchased off the shelf.
- on the shelf, [Informal.]
- put aside temporarily;
- without prospects of marriage, as after having broken an engagement.
Corsetcor•set (kôr′sit),USA pronunciation n.
- Sometimes, corsets. a close-fitting undergarment, stiffened with whalebone or similar material and often capable of being tightened by lacing, enclosing the trunk: worn, esp. by women, to shape and support the body;
- to dress or furnish with or as if with a corset.
- to regulate strictly;
Halfhalf (haf, häf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. halves (havz, hävz),USA pronunciation adj., adv.
- one of two equal or approximately equal parts of a divisible whole, as an object, or unit of measure or time;
a part of a whole equal or almost equal to the remainder.
- a quantity or amount equal to such a part (½).
- either of two equal periods of play, usually with an intermission or rest period separating them. Cf. quarter (def. 10).
- one of two;
a part of a pair.
- See half dollar.
- the sum of 50 cents: Four dimes and two nickels make a half.
- [Baseball.]either of the two units of play into which an inning is divided, the visiting team batting in the first unit and the home team batting in the second.
- [Football.]a halfback.
- a half-crown coin.
- the sum of a half crown;
two shillings, sixpence.
- a half pint: He ordered a half of ale.
- not the half of, a significant yet relatively minor part of something that remains to be described in full: He accused them of being responsible for the error, and that's not the half of the story.Also, not half of, not half.
- being one of two equal or approximately equal parts of a divisible whole: a half quart.
- being half or about half of anything in degree, amount, length, etc.: at half speed; half sleeve.
- partial or incomplete: half measures.
- in or to the extent or measure of half.
- in part;
incompletely: half understood.
- to some extent;
almost: half recovered.
- by half, by very much;
by far: She was too talented by half for her routine role.
- half again as much or as many, as much as 50 percent more: This mug holds half again as much coffee as the smaller one.
- half in two, [Southern U.S.](chiefly Gulf States). in or into two parts;
in half: Cut the cake half in two.
- in half, divided into halves: The vase broke in half.
- not half:
- not at all;
not really: His first attempts at painting are not half bad.
- See half (def. 9).
Cupcup (kup),USA pronunciation n., v., cupped, cup•ping.
- a small, open container made of china, glass, metal, etc., usually having a handle and used chiefly as a receptable from which to drink tea, soup, etc.
- the bowllike part of a goblet or the like.
- a cup with its contents.
- the quantity contained in a cup.
- a unit of capacity, equal to 8 fluid ounces (237 milliliters) or 16 tablespoons;
- an ornamental bowl, vase, etc., esp. of precious metal, offered as a prize for a contest.
- any of various beverages, as a mixture of wine and various ingredients: claret cup.
- the chalice used in the Eucharist.
- the wine of the Eucharist.
- something to be partaken of or endured;
one's portion, as of joy or suffering.
- cups, the drinking of intoxicating liquors.
- any cuplike utensil, organ, part, cavity, etc.
- either of the two forms that cover and usually support the breasts in a brassiere or other garment, as a bathing suit.
- an athletic supporter reinforced with rigid plastic or metal for added protection.
- the metal receptacle within the hole.
- the hole itself.
- (cap.) [Astron.]the constellation Crater.
- See cupping glass.
- [Metalworking.]a cylindrical shell closed at one end, esp. one produced in the first stages of a deep-drawing operation.
- [Math.]the cuplike symbol ∪, used to indicate the union of two sets. Cf. union (def. 10a).
- in one's cups, intoxicated;
- to take or place in, or as in, a cup: He cupped his ear with the palm of his hand.
- to form into a cuplike shape: He cupped his hands.
- to use a cupping glass on.
- [Metalworking.]to form (tubing, containers, etc.) by punching hot strip or sheet metal and drawing it through a die. Cf. deep-draw.
Brabra (brä),USA pronunciation n.
- a removable cover for the front end of an automobile to protect it from road debris.
Hello peoples, this picture is about Open Shelf Corset #6 Half Cup Bra Axami V-5951 Magma. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 744 x 744. It's file size is just 64 KB. If You ought to download It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You might also download more photos by clicking the image below or see more at this article: Open Shelf Corset.
Open Shelf Corset has been used with volume that is increasing. An increasing number of homeowners find that they could use expertise within their restroom. There are many different alternatives to select from. It really is only of thinning your decision to just one choice, a matter. Standard Open Shelf Corsets usually are oval or rounded.
For anything a little unique a Open Shelf Corset #6 Half Cup Bra Axami V-5951 Magma that is sincerely ranked can be chosen by you. One end of the increase is simply an inch strong, whilst the tip of the oval may be the standard range for the sink. You have to have a greater countertop area to support this style nevertheless it is breathtaking to all and observe sorts of enjoyment to exhibit off for your buddies. You may also discover different designs such as block or rectangle. Some includes a jar that's the exact same depth through the dish while others have a dish that resembles a semicircle. Both variations are simply of determining which will work best-in your restroom a.
Typical products incorporate stainlesssteel or porcelain. Which normal materials are great, for authentic pretty you're able to select materials like pebble or cement. The texture's grade contributes actual episode to the bathroom and is quite gorgeous.